Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Roth_Josh_Final



And thanks again to David and Elissa. You guys are the best.

This animation project was a really engaging, though stressful and exhausting experience. I felt pretty comfortable once I had my reference video shot. Getting that set up and getting the lines right proved to be pretty difficult. Blocking in the poses was simple enough , but once I got to the polishing stage, I got really stressed and confused, as I usually do in that stage of Animation. The lip-sync process was hell on earth for me, due to Maya 2011's sound offset bug that prevented the fcheck playback(scrubbing) from recognizing the 30-frame gap of silence at the beginning of the clip. Overall, it's been a great experience working on this project.I definitely feel way more comfortable with this stuff. I will not, however, be pursuing 3d animation specifically in the near future as far as i can tell. But once again, I'm ultimately grateful for the experience.

4 comments:

  1. Overall a fairly successful piece. the context is funny and the line was a great choice. Some of the movements seems like they're just moving from pose to pose and there are some hitches here and there especially in the walk but good work. Thought some of the pose choices were pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I think just the polish the walk at the end like Tim suggested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally understood.walks freakin kill me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Besides what has been said I think his arm hyper extended a little to much around 3 seconds in. But turned out good and the second person moving helps overall.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.