This was the video reference for my scene. So the changes I had made since my pitch are that the other person, played by Dakota, is a mannequin, & the baby is in a catapult instead of a slingshot. Each of the key poses of the crazy guy, played by Tim, are laid out in the storyboard.


This is the storyboard for my scene as I have it right now. One thing to note is that I drew the baby in a slingshot in this one, while it will be in a catapult for the actual scene, as I mentioned above. I think there might be some more key poses I could possibly add. Please let me know what you guys think, and how I can improve this. Thanks!

Looks great Andrew! Haha now that I see myself in the reference I feel like I under acted it xD but I think you more than compensated for that with your new story boards. I really like the pauses and motions you've got going on there. Also, having him enter from screen left was a great decision so you can get a good look at the two fake characters.
ReplyDeleteWhat may I ask was the reasoning for having him look at the camera during his last line? Is it because he's filming himself? If that were true then how did he make the camera show different angles? Perhaps he could be looking at the manikin and after his line you see the manikin fall over or something.
Another possibility is to cut to just the manikin right before he says his last line and have him quickly come into frame and put his arm around the manikin to say his last line and then after he says it maybe the manikins head falls off.
Just some suggestions to explore. Great work so far!
What if the whole time the baby was looking slightly off camera, then right before it gets launched, it turns its head directly into the camera.Then u could launch the baby straight into the cameras view, and fade to black with some crashing or glass-breaking sound effect
ReplyDelete