The girl character in my animation is confident and feminine, so I gave her that sort of walk.
Though, I was wondering if I should give her a slower, looking around a store and browsing walk vs. this confident determined one.
Please give me feedback!
she looks like she is leaning very far forward, i think you might try and straighten her up just a little bit. And I think your right about slowing her down some
ReplyDeleteGrrrr.... CINDY! How dare you say that! Now it's my turn!
ReplyDeleteNo just kidding. I saw yours last night but it was two so I gave you nothing.
The first thing I noticed on yours is that your arms are swinging at their widest on the contact poses and they look artificially in sync. In animators survivor, williams says the biggest swing in the arms is on the up and down pose.
When the shoulder on the front arm is coming back, it goes up and into a little loop. The motion of the arm looks good, but the shoulder seems more like it is doing the backstroke. In my mind the arc should look like a crescent moon.
Also the front arm hits its peak on a steady speed from contact to contact, and then jumps back really fast on the first receding pose. I think you should even out the speed on the receding pose and have a little whip on the arm going forward from the up to contact pose.
I think the confident stride comes off very well and the hip movement is great. I love the speed of back leg moving forward almost before the contact pose has been made. It definitely shows pride. She has a great swagger.
And her torso really feels like it is pointing on each contact like each step has a purpose. Great.