Thursday, October 11, 2012

Joel's Thumbnails

Here are my thumbnails for my captain and his intercomm. It seems a bit late in the game to add an entire new character for the captain to interact with, so I've decided to get back on track with my original idea of a captain in his cockpit, informing his passengers of certain doom. The line he delivers is funny, but its fairly monotone, and is a bit of black humor to be using in a legitimately dangerous situation, so my thumbnails are largely me trying to figure out what emotional expression the captain would have. I settled on apathetic, as it seems to fit the tone of the line best. He's saying his thing, but he either doesn't really care or doesn't think its a big deal, so he says it calmly, like its the most normal thing in the world. Perhaps he's just a pilot for a really lousy airline, where critical failures are so run of the mill that he's just become jaded to it. 'What's that? We might all die? Sounds like a Tuesday. Better say something to the passengers, I guess.'


Not sure how best I could show that he works for a really low quality airline, but I suppose I can show that from the quality of the airplane he's flying. The vantage point I used shows a bit of the plane, so making an airplane prop that looks like a flying junker would probably do the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.