Here is what I have for now. I have quite a bit more to do with the head and even more to do on the arms. I keep changing things, for the better, but it causes set backs. Arms have been the most problematic as they slide around. Hopefully I am slowly coming around and figuring this all out. Arms are the trickiest for me, I need more overlap knowledge, thankfully How To Cheat in Maya 2010 has been a great resource. Please let me know if you see something that can be better or if you have insight on something I have that is wonky in my animation. I will have facial progress up very soon, but I would like to have a solid grasp on my body motions which I am working on no. Thank you all!
I know your hands are in IK... are they parented to world? It looks like it's being influenced by your shoulders or hips, which would explain the jitter. The last few seconds look really great, though! I think when he says "yes," instead of sinking down and ending on that pose, you should use some of that cushion for some overshoot and settle. So have him maybe sink down, then use a few frames to settle back upwards slightly. It can be really subtle, but I think it will add a lot to the physics of your character. Also, I think the timing of the clapping needs some tweaking, but that'll probably come with fixing the IK control's parent. I absolutely love the "cappuccino" bit and the little head bobble when he says "java." Really nice attention to detail.
ReplyDeleteI am all blah about the clapping, Its been a challenging to get it right. Thanks for the suggestions!
ReplyDeleteHey Amber,
ReplyDeleteComing along nicely. I think the energy level of your character really matches the audio well throughout the scene. I like the breath he takes before starting "cappuccino". I'm betting Alaina was right about the ik arms being set to be parented to the hips or root. To fix this you'll want to change it from the right-click menu on each pose in the scene. See if that does the trick.
Here are a couple of thoughts moving forward with the piece,
I love the "cappuccino" gesture, though you'll want to smooth out the rotation in the torso and neck. I'd suggest dropping his root a tad when he says the "cap" in cappuccino, so that he kinda pops up and brings his knees together with "ccino!"
When he says "Yes!" at the end, the head hits the final pose at just about the same time as the rest of the body. You'd do well to delay it a few frames and give it more cushion. I'd also give the arm an overshoot and settle with that gesture.
For the section where he says "coffee, coffee, coffee..." I like that he looks away, as though he's picturing the amazing goodness he's about to get. I think that somewhere within the last two "coffee"'s just his eyes need to dart over to the coffee being prepared for him before he takes a breath and look up for the next line.
Cool stuff, keep going!
~Joe