Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Arm/Brow Progress

I haven't done much with the brow... just little things, like stopping the eyes from flying backwards and such. Now that I've playblasted, the next thing I'll do (a little after the fact) is make sure my moving holds are in place... Slim hits a few invisible walls in the first bit.

Anyway, feedback is much appreciated!


2 comments:

  1. I really like the change to the big guy! You have captured a great emotion change. You piece is so smooth! Great job on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress, it is looking smooth. Here are my notes:

    At 3 seconds, he hits his "checking him out" pose which hits a bit too hard. This may be what you mean with hitting invisible walls, so I agree. I think his head can overshoot here more, and use a few more frames to do it, and the overshoot should involve the upper chest and shoulders more.

    When he plants his arms before "what a dazzling", it all starts and ends too quickly and in time. Try offsetting the body and arms so that either the elbows plant and he pulls his body in, or the body plops down and he gently sets the arms down, one elbow, then the other.

    When he says "like you..." he plants his pointer finger on the table. I'd hold the finger tip in place a little longer before he pulls it around to circle so that this pose has a little time to soak in. This may mean simplifying or shortening the circling on the table that follows.

    With the line "setting like this?" I think he needs to do a shift of the upper torso to screen left. In general the ending still needs a bit more upper chest movement to match how much the head twists around and I think that a translation to screen left, with a little tilt will help.

    One final detail I'd suggest would be when he drops his chin onto the back of his hand, you might have a slight curl of the metacarpal of his index finger to show the weight pressing down on it.

    Looking great, keep it up!
    ~Joe

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.