Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Walk cycle: referencing scenes

Hello all,

I'm having issues with referencing my walk cycle into new scene. When I save the final scene of my walk cycle, reference it into a new scene, duplicate that reference, translate and rotate those references to view 3 sides of the animation, and then hit the play button, an error message comes up reading: "No object matches name: Laughlin_Jennifer_WalkCycle_19:head_DynDriver" and the duplicate references become centered to the middle and ontop of each other, while the animation appears to the blocky and unsplined. The scence I referenced had a version number of 17, so I'm not sure why Maya wants a version of the scene that doesn't exist. Why is this occuring? What can I do to fix it?

Good luck with your final walk cycles term 412,
Jenny

3 comments:

  1. I would say don't duplicate the reference. Instead create three separate references of the same thing in the scene. I've had a similar issue in the past so now I won't duplicate a reference since maya doesn't always seem to agree with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a similar problem. You should try referencing the morpheus rig in twice and just copying and pasting all of the animation on those two rigs. Then just rotate the rigs to get that 3 sided view.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys! I actually just found that the reason it was doing that was because I had one key frame on the placement control. Once I deleted it, they stayed in place. Otherwise, never trust the view port since Maya doesn't render in realtime, and the mysterious version number had nothing to do with the problem.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.