I think I like my blocking for now. If you have suggestions I will be working on splining tomorrow and would love to hear them. But my real issue is timing. I think a lot is going on and wanted to see what you think I could move or cut, preferably with the Batista, but I am open to all suggestions.
Thank you
Amber
Your blocking has really improved since I last saw!! The only two things that stand out to me is the transition in the first "yes" (poses in the first second-two seconds of the animation) and in the "Java, yes!"portion. For the first issue, I think that the timing of his "lower" poses are great, but I think he should swoop up faster, and cushion into his upright pose a bit more, maybe even holding for a frame or two more in that pose. Also, some overlap in the head when he shoots up would be nice to get in there. For the second issue, I think his hand should make the transition down to the cup more quickly, and maybe have a hold on that pose for a few frames before he starts acting with his other arm... the breakdown seems like it's very "in the middle" of the motion, rather than showing any cushion or defining transition from "cappuccino" to "yes."
ReplyDeleteI agree with Alaina's comments completely and have one observation for the barista (by the way, Batista was the de facto leader of Cuba from 1933 to 1940 and the country's official president from 1940 to 1944 and again from 1952 to 1959.)
ReplyDeleteI think initial reaction is good, but then she just goes back to business as usual. I think maybe slowing her down a bit would show apprehension towards Java Joe Crazy Man!! Just a thought. It looking really good though.
Haha, I missed that spelling error, thanks for the history lesson too! Thank you for your critiques guys. I really don't have any cushion for the "coffee coffee" part and I did notice that the "yes" is very slow and will fix that right now. As for the Barista, I guess having two characters does make things harder as she needs a lot of work as well as the main character. Thank you both for the advice, it is very necessary.
ReplyDelete